Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ashamed!

Damn the first time I heard someone just completely say they're ashamed of themselves and it wasn't easy to hear. She sat next to me her skinned peeled as she itched away at her neck. I tried my best not to look but she yelled for the nurse over and over again I could help but look at her. The first time in awhile I felt uncomfortable but I kept my cool. "What are you here for" she asked. I could see that she wanted a conversation but I want to avoid talking to anyone besides the doctors and nurses when I come to the hospital but this time it was for my friend so I really didn't care to talk to anyone but she insisted. She asked me once more and I had to reply "I'm just here waiting for a friend." I was hopeful this conversation would end but she wasn't thinking how I was thinking. "I'm ashamed of myself how I look, how long it's taking me to be able to walk on my own, how much pain I'm in daily." It's the first time I've ever heard someone just say their ashamed of everything about themselves. I've heard maybe this or maybe that makes me skittle ashamed but this was the first time I heard someone just sound defeated. She told me about the incident that caused half of bed body to be covered with burn marks and I it wasn't a good site to watch because the flames that danced on her skin made sure it left its mark. I thought about my situation and my problems and they can't compare to hers. She has
Thousands in medical fees she owes and to make matters worst her ex boyfriend is the reason she's deformed the way she is. Whatever they went through she wouldn't discuss but she just said "life is painful and you'll endure some kind of pain whether it's emotional, mental, physical or psychological as long as you're alive you'll go through some kind of hurt." We discussed so much more but this lady sat down and talked to me for a reason and whatever that reason was in more focused than I've ever been. I keep my circle small already and I'm not afraid to trim off some unwanted fat if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment